Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Waiting Here for You...and Trusting.

My heart is so heavy. People all around are facing difficult trials, trying circumstances, having to bury loved ones, or standing in a hospital watching them fight for more life..


Sometimes it is so much more painful to watch others around you break and weep than to actually experience the pains yourself...I sit on the outside and watch as my heart is pulled and torn in so many different directions for so many people. I cry out on my knees that people would find comfort and joy among the pain...then getting up to hear another tragedy...back down to the knees I fall...

All of a sudden my personal heart aches do not feel as dramatic. 

My world may seem to be filled with stress and worry but the heart nagging anxiety that overwhelms a body, mind and soul when you helplessly watch families fall apart...a beloved grandparent passes...a boy--too young to be in bed fighting for his next breath...children out to play being hit by drunk drivers...All of this reminds you how fragile life is. Our lives are so short here on earth...

James 4:13 And now I have a word for you who brashly announce, "Today—at the latest, tomorrow—we're off to such and such a city for the year. We're going to start a business and make a lot of money." You don't know the first thing about tomorrow. You're nothing but a wisp of fog, catching a brief bit of sun before disappearing. Instead, make it a habit to say, "If the Master wills it and we're still alive, we'll do this or that." 

Our lives are too small to live for ourselves...we have a greater purpose to fulfill...

God has been reminding me in so many countless ways the past couple of weeks how little I am in control...and just how great He is. When it comes to His timing...me and God have trust issues...I would love to see His agenda on several different items on my prayer list...but it does all come down to trust. Trusting that He has our best interest at heart. Trusting that even when we cannot feel or see construction signs--He is at work. Trusting that even when we are so unworthy He will mold, shape, and use us. Trusting that He is good...that He is God...no matter-whatever-whenever.

He is so powerful..the Lord of everything...He is ruler of it all..and even though He is so great and huge and amazing..do not let this intimidate you!

At the same time He is so personal. "You're the LORD of all creation...yet still You know my heart..."- Christy Nockels Waiting Here For You

It doesn't cease to blow my mind how overwhelming His love is. I think about it every time I stare out into the ocean...the artist of this massive world and all that lives in it...He is the One holding my hand when all seems to be falling apart...

I want to remind people of His love...that these hard things in life do not come as a shock to God...He knows what is going to happen..He knows how it ends...and through this pain, hard, and difficult-to-understand life He does indeed have a plan and a purpose. 

I am the first to admit that I have dealt the unfair card...that life is not supposed to be this hard...I have wrestled God with the "why" questions...We do not know everything or the answers to all the questions and I believe that God is protecting us by not sharing this information with us...I just pray when disaster strikes we run to the Father and not away...

He is a pursuer and will chase after Your heart...Let Him catch you...

His love has no end. His love is never failing. His love is unconditional. He is more faithful than the morning. Run to Him.

This life I can guarantee will be more difficult than peaches and cream..hard, heavy, pain will come...we will face troubles...but rest in the fact that God has overcome the world. He took on the hard and ugly face first--and destroyed it into the ground...Our Savior knows the ending...Until the day He calls us home...while we are waiting here for Him...trust.




No comments:

Post a Comment