Friday, September 28, 2012

Always a Yes to God


Something I’m thinking about today.

A disciple is a learning, active follower. What if we lived every moment…expecting…waiting to hear the LORD. Asking the Spirit to guide, lead, and fill us. Is it so radical to actually live the way the Lord has called us to live?

Lord…make us more like You. Teach us to be You. We want to know You more. We want to say Yes to You…

“… hear me say YES! Not ‘I’m worried.’ Not ‘ I’m stressed out.’ Not ‘I’m anxious.’ Not ‘I’m too afraid.’ Hear me say thank you. Hear me say YES! Watch me live a life of Yes. To all that was and is and is to come. The power of sin and death and fear-sent-from-the-enemy are forever ended because we can trust in the bridge even if it’s caving, in God even when it’s black, in manna-nourishment even when we don’t know what it is. The God whom we thank for fulfilling the promises of the past will fulfill His promises again. In Christ, the answer to the questions of every moment is always Yes…” 1000 Gifts, Ann Voskamp


Choosing to spend time with Him…always the best choice. Choosing to be Christ to others…to love the unlovable…to be His hands and feet…to seek Him…to go…to move…saying Yes to God…it doesn’t guarantee easy. It doesn’t mean perfect. It is so easy for life to become crowded with stress, anxieties, questions, confusion, business…But when You look at the big picture. We are here for Him. We are His. Always a Yes. He is Worth it.




“I’m saying yes to You, and no to my desires. I’ll leave myself behind and follow You. I’ll walk the narrow road, because it leads me to You. I’ll fall but grace will pick me up again.

I’ve counted up the cost, Oh I’ve counted up the cost…And You are worth it.

I do not need safety, as much as I need You. You’re dangerous but Lord You’re beautiful. I’ll chase You through the pain, I’ll carry my cross, because real love is not afraid to bleed.

Jesus take my all, take my everything. I’ve counted up the cost and You’re worth everything.”

No comments:

Post a Comment