Saturday, January 26, 2013

Humble...In His Presence

James 4:10 AMP 

"Humble yourselves [feeling very insignificant] in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt you [He will lift you up] and make your lives significant."

Humble: lowly; to lower oneself in the presence of someone greater; feeling very insignificant

It is easy to feel insignificant...to feel insecure. To beat myself up and replay the same broken records that I continue to throw away...but somehow end up on my front steps again...and again...

When I feel this way...insignificant yet also defeated--am I humbling myself in the presence of the Lord or the presence of the world? If you humble yourself at the footsteps of the world--it can keep you there. The enemy would love to step on you and hold you down--turning "humble" into insecurity...into lies of failure.

It is the opposite of humble to tear yourself apart. It is selfish. This mindset of constantly thinking about yourself...it isn't about our abilities, our insecurities or shortcomings--they can all be used to glorify God if we are bowing down at His feet..

James 4:4, 7 The Message
"You’re cheating on God. If all you want is your own way, flirting with the world every chance you get, you end up enemies of God and his way. And do you suppose God doesn’t care? The proverb has it that “he’s a fiercely jealous lover.” And what he gives in love is far better than anything else you’ll find. It’s common knowledge that “God goes against the willful proud; God gives grace to the willing humble.” 

So let God work his will in you. Yell a loud no to the Devil and watch him scamper. Say a quiet yes to God and he’ll be there in no time. Quit dabbling in sin. Purify your inner life. Quit playing the field. Hit bottom, and cry your eyes out. The fun and games are over. Get serious, really serious. Get down on your knees before the Master; it’s the only way you’ll get on your feet."

It is time to get down on our knees--before GOD. We can find significance--because of Him. In Him. 

Are we seeking to be in His presence? Looking to Him to lift us up? 

I remember having a talk with my heart friend this summer--when I have my gaze forward on the Lord, crying out to Him, I do not worry or feel the desire to take control because I know He takes care of it.

I don't know what to do with my heart  sometimes...or what I'm supposed to do with my life. In the big picture it doesn't matter--He has a plan and purpose always--it all leads back to Him. 

How do you live in the ordinary when you have this extraordinary love bursting within? [You stay in love.] You stay with open eyes to Him...humbling ourselves and embracing all He is and has to offer. He lifts you up. You abide there...in His love...All else flows out of that...

My Soul longs for You Jesus...nothing else will do.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment